Queens Centers for Progress is dedicated to the goal of providing children and adults who have developmental disabilities the opportunities to make choices which will maximize their skill development, independence, and integration into community life. At the core of all the agency’s services is the deeply held belief in the development of the individual. QCP believes that all people can learn and that all people – in spite of any developmental disability – can make meaningful choices about their lives.
Queens Centers for Progress is committed to providing person-centered services and supports to children and adults who have developmental disabilities. The goal of these services and supports is to promote independence, community involvement, and quality of life.
Queens Centers for Progress will:
- Provide individually-designed services and supports which will maximize:
(a) independent decision-making capabilities;
(b) integration into community life; and,
(c) daily living, educational, and work-related skills.
- Advocate for the rights and entitlements of persons with developmental disabilities. Demonstrate our commitment to these rights by always treating those who use our services, and their families, with dignity and respect.
- Engage in community outreach and public education to further awareness of the Agency’s services and the contributions made by persons with developmental disabilities.
- Establish relationships with community and governmental organizations involved with services and funding for people with developmental disabilities.
- Attract, train and retain staff who are committed to providing services of consistently high quality, who are compensated fairly for their work and who are treated with respect.
- Operate the agency in a manner which demonstrates adherence to high ethical standards and assures financial stability and thereby protect the ongoing ability to carry out the Agency’s Mission.